Ta-da!! My very first quilt! I am seriously addicted now and could not stop until I got it completed, and have about ten others I want to get started on immediately! New things are fun.
On the back (which I did not for some reason get an image of), I repeated the 18" horizontal strip in the green damaske fabric I used for the binding. When I completed the quilt top and back, I moved on to basting (which I must say was quite a challenge... I totally commend you guys who have it down pat because it was a beast!). It being the first time I attempted this, I probably should not have been so aspirational to plan for the 18" strip to fall directly behind the brick path on the front. I used about a gazzilion pins to make it work! I then stitched the outside and the vertical lines in the bricks with clear threading, "stitch in the ditch" I guess is the term. Then repeated the vertical lines in the bricks throughout the extent of the quilting. I then used a wonderful little tutorial by Heather Bailey to hand stitch the binding. And, voila!