Thursday, January 26, 2012

In Progress...


My unfinished or "in progress" items are driving me crazy today, so I'm using this platform to get my thoughts and these items in order.  Goal for the coming week/weekend: Finish, finish, finish!


  • Quilt #2 - I've started piecing together (as shown above) a crib-size version of the Chain Linked pattern by Amy Smart at Diary of a Quilter.  A very dear friend of mine is pregnant and it is too early on to know the sex, but for many reasons we are too excited to wait to get started on baby 'stuff'.  So... she and I went and chose a handful of gender neutral fabrics that she liked for her baby room.  I chose to use this pattern when I stumbled across Lee at Freshly Pieced version of the pattern.  The offset of white/offwhite was a perfect fit for mommy's fabric selections, so I couldn't wait to get started!  The Delay:  Since we put the cart before the horse and purchased the fabrics before choosing a pattern, I'm stuck until a reorder arrives in the mail. Grrr.  I'm chomping at the bits!
  • Quilt #3 - To use the remaining fabric from Quilt #2 (and just cause I wanna), I've decided to do a newborn size quilt.  I've found the pattern I'm going to do, but I've got to locate the source before I can share.  The Delay:  Same as above.
  • Diaper Changing Pad and Clutch - I've already cut the fabric for this project, which I'm super excited about!  I looked at a few patterns online to get inspiration for the construction, but I couldn't find anything that was quite what I had in mind.  The Delay:  I've got to find/locate some vinyl sheeting material.  Any ideas here??  I know I can find anything online, but I'd really like to just pick it up at a local store.  Patience is not my friend these days.
  • Coffee Table/Bench Refurb - I had this coffee table that had moved around with me from place to place for the last ten years.  It was very modern and cool at the time, but after having kids... (it had glass and sharp edges) I stopped using and it just stayed stashed in the garage all these years.  Part of the glass doors and top had broken, so I have done a great deal of work recently to repurpose it.  I'm done with the sanding and the painting, but the next step is to make a pillow top seat.  I'm converting it into a bench!  I've bought the upholstery fabric and everything... The Delay:  I need a piece of wood cut to upholster the pillow/fabric to and it will be complete.  That's all!  
So, you see, I have now put these goals out into the world.  That means I have to get them done, right?!? 

Well, I'm going to pretend it does.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment