Tuesday, May 22, 2012

So Inviting


I've gone into the party planning business!  (Well... Temporarily)  I'm planning a huge baby shower bash for my bestie and loving every minute of it.  The theme of our soiree is 'A Southern Summer Night.'  I know it doesn't take much imagination to know you will be seeing a lot of mason jars and wooden crates, but I hope I can stretch it as far as possible!

But, before I get too carried away with the details, we had to get the invitation out.  What southern party wouldn't give you ample time to prepare to attend, right?  So, to kick off the theme, we put together this  layered invitation using kraft cardstock, scrapbooking paper, and linen paper to print on.  The tags are the same materials, with the addition of using scrapbooking sheets of burlap and a cotton honeycomb textile, my favorite!

The invite.

All the pieces.

The finished product.

And, now that the invites are in the mail and the guest list is growing, I have to shift my focus.  I've already met with the florist, now on to food and sweets... the best part right?  Anyone have any ideas on southern themed finger foods that would win everyone over?  Would love to hear some ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget hand crank ice cream machines and large tin tubs of ice bathed small coke bottles!

    ReplyDelete