Friday, March 2, 2012

For the Wee One


Finally finished binding the newborn quilt I mentioned a few weeks ago.  I think it turned out quite adorable and just had to share!

It is a wee one for the wee one, measuring only 25"x30".  I found an image of a quilt utilizing the pattern online, and after doing some deep searching so that I could source the design/pattern properly, I located it here.  The pattern is for a larger end product (36" x 48").


I chose to do a newborn size, because I am utilizing the same fabrics in another much larger quilt as well for the same expecting mommy.  Still don't know the sex of the baby yet, so mommy chose a very gender neutral palette that we ran with.

Front
Back

Oddly enough my favorite part turned out to the back because I absolutely love the contrast of the "Bone" colored Kona Cotton binding the sage green zig zag fabric.  And, that was the first fabric we started with...  Kinda set the tone for the whole soon to be collection.  :)

1 comment:

  1. These are Amazing! I love them! Quilting can be so very much fun and I love doing it, but I seem to jump between passions fairly frequently. Quilting hasn't been around recently though.

    www.sweetydarlin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete